How well do you know the rules of the game? What would your decision be in the following if you were the referee?
1. Player A plays a boast and the ball hits his opponent on its way from the side wall to the front wall.
2. Player A plays the ball and on his follow through strikes his opponent with his racket. The opponent asks for a let.
3. Player A serves the ball and you (the ref.) think that it might have touched the line. At the end of the rally which the server won the opponent asks for a let on the service.
4. A player breaks her racket during a rally and asks for a let. What is your decision and how long has the player to replace her racket?
5. A player serves from the incorrect side of the court but you did not stop the serve. At the end of the rally the receiver, who lost the rally, asks for a let on the serve as it was from the wrong side.
6. A player returns the ball down the centre of the court and takes up a position on the 'T'. The opponent allows the ball to come off the back wall and then asks for a let as there is every chance that the ball, if played, would strike the other player.
7. A player turns on the ball (that is, allows the ball to pass on one side of the body, strike the back wall and travel back by the other side of the body) plays the shot and strikes the opponent with the ball on its way to the front wall.
8. A player is injured and requests time to recover. How long has the player?
9. What is the marker's call in each of the following?
(a) A player fails to play the ball before its second bounce.
(b) A player strikes the tin with the ball.
(c) The ball touches the out of court line.
10. A Junior player requests to play using his or her own glasses instead of the required eye-guards.
The answers can be found here