Three junior competitions, (the draw seedings must be approved by the Junior Secretary, or if no Secretary has been elected then the Munster President) will be run in Munster and the panel selection will be based on the points earned in the best two results gained from these competitions:
Munster Junior Invitational
Munster Junior Open
Munster Junior Closed
Ranking points will be awarded based on the finishing positions in the best two finishes from the above three competitions and the top six juniors in each age group will then be selected for the Munster panels.
You can carry over 40% of your points where you go up in age group during the season but if you wish to be selected on a particular age-group team, you must play in that age group in the Munster Junior Closed Championship.
|Points in MJC||2000||1800||1600||1400||1200||1000||900||800||700||600||500||400||300||200||100||80|
|MJO & MJI||1500||1350||1200||1050||900||750||600||450||300||150||125||100||80||60||50||40|
- Any Munster junior who has a current season top six Irish Squash ranking will be deemed selected for a Munster panel.
- The Munster Junior Closed is a compulsory competition for all juniors wishing to be selected on Munster panels.
- Juniors selected for Munster panels must attend Munster squad sessions.
- Where non-Munster players are competing in the Munster Open – the non-Munster players will be eliminated from the finishing positions list for the purposes of this calculation and the Munster players moved up accordingly before ranking points are allocated.
- If two players are tied on ranking points the position will be decided in the first instance by their head to head result in the Munster Junior Closed and if there was no head to head result in the MJC by the player finishing highest in the MJC.
- A player who is returning from injury and was unable to compete for ranking point events because of injury, may be considered for panel selection on the basis that he would clearly strengthen the panel.
- The final team selection (from the panel) will be made by the team coach.
- Munster junior rankings will be displayed on the Munster Squash website throughout the season.